Teacher Self-Assessment ToolView Resource
The Teachers Self-Assessment Tool (Teacher SAT) is an online questionnaire enabling teachers at all Career Stages, in a range of contexts, to reflect upon their practice in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
The Teacher SAT lends itself to several distinct purposes for teachers:
- Familiarisation with the Standards - The Teacher SAT assists teachers to locate their practice in the Standards.
- Self-reflection - The Teacher SAT report provides a detailed picture of a teacher's practice aligned to Career Stages and Standards Focus Areas.
- Performance and development - The Teacher SAT highlights areas for individual teachers' development.
- Professional learning planning - The information provided by the Teacher SAT report offers stimulus for choosing professional learning.
- Preparation for national certification - The Teacher SAT provides teachers with feedback about where their practice aligns with the Highly Accomplished or Lead Career Stages.
- Group functionality - The group report provides an overview of the cohort's skills, aligned to the Standards. The information can be used to inform whole school, department or subject area performance and development planning and goal setting.
You must install Adobe Flash Player to watch YouTube videos.
Are teachers getting the recognition they deserve? Weatherby, K (2012)
Empowering effective teachers - Strategies for implementing reforms, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (2010)
Methods of evaluating teacher effectiveness, Goe, L; Croft, A (2009)